Spring semester of choir has begun! Now is the perfect time to join! Register online or just come to the next rehearsal (see calendar for time)
For more information, contact Kathy Fait at firstname.lastname@example.org
La Jolla Presbyterian Church has two Children’s Choir ensembles. Sonshine Singers for Kindergarten – 1st or 2nd graders, and Joyful Sound for children in 2nd or 3rd – 5th or 6th grade. There is also a Youth Choir program you can learn about here.
- Your child will learn spiritual truths and scripture through song.
- By leading in worship, your child will learn he/she is a valued member of the church family
- Choir is a free, high quality music education open to the community
- Choir builds self-confidence, poise, and self-esteem.
- Singing is a skill that your child can enjoy for a lifetime!
Our director, Kathy Fait
All rehearsals are held weekly on Sunday mornings, from September 18- May 7 in room CE23.
Click here for the Choir Calendar
Grades Kindergarten–1st or 2nd Grade
This beginning choir introduces basic musical concepts using movement, games and stories. The children learn to sing on pitch, and blend their voices together. Sonshine Singers lead in worship approximately six times per year, including Christmas Eve and Palm Sunday.
Grades 2nd or 3rd – 5th or 6th
The elementary choir continues to build on musical concepts and begins to learn to read music, singing in rounds and 2 parts. Joyful Sound leads in worship approximately once per month at all 3 services and sings in the Annual Christmas Concert, “Gloria.”