“Carry each other’s burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
– Galatians 6:2
“Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
– Matthew 11:28
Have you ever gone through a deep valley of pain? Are you in that place right now, or do you know someone who is? Let Stephen Ministry help you. We provide compassionate, trustworthy, confidential Christian care. Whatever the need, Stephen Ministry would like to help.
We’re here to help:
- Support during a crisis
- Grieve the death of a loved one
- Adjust to the birth or adoption of a child
- Encourage during a financial setback
- Console the dissolution of a marriage
- Recover from loneliness or depression
- Comfort the disabled or terminally ill
- When struggling with faith in God
- Cope with family problems
- In times of unusual stress
- Transition into retirement
- Deal with unexpected life transitions
- A caring ministry where one person reaches out to another in a time of need
- An ongoing and helpful relationship
- A meaningful way for our members to share their burdens and joys
- A one-to-one confidential ministry of trained caring lay leaders
- A commitment to caring and supporting one another
- A response to Christ’s command: love one another as I have loved you
You can learn more about the Stephen Ministry at the national website here.
John Griffiths (619) 228-1870
Rebecca Bradbury (858) 337-4765
Erika Hill (858) 729-5524
Stephen Ministry 50-Hour Caregiver Training
The heart of a congregation’s ministry is caring for people in need or in crisis. The 50-hour training sessions covers topics such as Staying Connected to Jesus, Ministering to Those Experiencing Grief, The Art of Listening, and Dealing with Depression.
If you sense God’s touch to use your gifts of compassion, mercy and caring, we invite you to investigate becoming a Stephen Minister.
To find out dates and register, please contact
Erika Hill at (858) 729-5524 or firstname.lastname@example.org.